Welcome to Mesa Linda Middle School Athletic Program. Cross Country and Volleyball are offered in the fall; while Basketball, Soccer, and Track & Field are offered in the spring. Specific dates will be announced once they have been determined by the school. Please make sure that your student has an Athletic Packet with a completed sports physical on file with the school before they can participate.
For your convenience, game schedules will be available in the front office as well as posted on our website. The important information listed below is for parents and students to assist in making this year successful and enjoyable:
- Playing sports is a privilege which must be maintained throughout the season. Our student-athletes must have and maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA with no more than 1 (one) “F” to try-out for a team and remain on that team.
- Character counts. Students who get suspended from school during the season will automatically be removed from the team-there will be no exception to this expectation. Any exhibitions of inappropriate behavior during school or sports competitions will result in game suspensions. Failure to attend any behavioral consequences will result in game suspension.
- Everyone gets equal time in practice but playing time in the game is at the coach’s discretion. This is competitive league play so players have to earn time according to the coach’s judgment. Playing time can be lost due to poor attitude, lack of effort, tardiness, absences, inexperience, not executing the proper plays – and more. If you have any questions about what your child needs to do to increase playing time please make an appointment to speak with the coach. Team captains are chosen by the coach based on several factors: skill, focus, attitude, dedication, timeliness, attendance, and leadership. This position of trust and responsibility must be earned by the athlete every day and can be revoked at the coach’s discretion.
- Let our coaches’ coach: We all get excited, but please refrain from coaching from the stands – it makes the kids nervous and distracts the coach.
- Support the referees: Yes…they will miss some calls. It’s a tough job. Let’s remember that we are role models for the kids and must take the bad calls with the good calls.
- Be on time: Arrangements must be made for timely arrival to all games and practices. This also applies to being picked up after games and practices. It is our expectation that students are picked up immediately after practice and as soon as the fames have ended.
- Transportation to away events are the student-athletes guardians’ responsibility.
- No person shall on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color or mental or physical disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, be denied equivalent opportunity, in, or otherwise discriminated against in interscholastic, intramural, or club athletics ( 5 CCR Section 4920).
- All sports are open to both male and female students.
- All athletes are given the opportunity to use the school locker rooms and facilities.
- If a student is absent from school, he/she may not participate in any competition or practice on that day. If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Director at the school.
Dr. Monique Kammer, Mesa Linda Principal
Home of the “Bulldogs”